Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Respite

I don't know if I've said the decision was made for sure or not so here it is. Respite is going to happen!!! :-) I think I'm way more excited than Hubby but I also am the one who deals with the kids way more than Hubby. We will go on Sat afternoon to meet the Respite family. Just spend a half hour or so getting the kids acquainted. Then this Sunday they will watch the kids for a couple hours in the afternoon. Then the following Friday, Nov 9, I will drop the kiddos off at their home on my way home from work. There's no school for either kids Nov 9 or 12 so they will both be at daycare so I can save myself some extra miles. Then I will ENJOY a weekend to do what I want to do and pick the kiddos back up again on Sunday late afternoon. Hubby may end up working, we don't know yet, but even if he works on Sat, we will still have Sat night and sunday most of the day to ourselves! What to do...what to do????

So here begins my countdown....9 days and counting...

(Is it wrong to be so excited?????)

4 comments:

Happy said...

Everyone needs time off. Enjoy your 'vacation'. Will you do anything special w/your husband? You know, dinner, wine (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Kathy said...

I'm very jealous! J/K...kind of :) Really though, I'm glad to hear that you're getting a much needed break. You deserve it!

We're hoping to get Todd's parents to watch Destiny for our 10 year Anniversary get away...in November. It will be a MUCH needed break for us too. Oh the countdown is a wonderful thing!!

Have a WONDERFUL time! Yey!

Julie said...

glad to hear your getting some time off!! you need it! ENJOY IT!! :)

FosterAbba said...

Enjoy your respite.

And no, you shouldn't feel guilty that you are getting respite. Kids that come out of the foster care system are difficult to parent, and sometimes you just need a break.

Frankly, I am jealous. I rarely get a break, and our county does not provide any kind of respite for foster families at all.