or should I say "Child and Family Team Meeting" (minus the child as they are not allowed to attend). What a dumb name...anyways...
for the first time this meeting lasted 1 1/2 hrs when it is supposed to last 30 minutes. I had a page of notes on each kid. I felt bad that everything on the list was negative but that is life right now. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything positive to say about either kid.
So here's the jist of what was decided:
1. I need to call the clinic and get JP in for a med checkup.
2. I need to call the office where Emilee goes and try to get JP in to see the same psychiatrist that Emilee is scheduled to see Jan 15.
3. I need to call the respite home where the kids went in Nov and see if they will agree to watch the kids everyother Sat or Sun for the day to give us a scheduled break and so it's part of the routine for the kids.
4. N, our partnership program lady, will set up a meeting for the end of Jan with the "team" and include the school and psychiatrist.
5. I need to fill out some form to see if we can get some more money for the kids on a monthly basis. (Before anyone jumps on me...we DO NOT do this for the money. The point in this is that I am in jeapordy of losing my job from being gone so much. These kids are a lot of work and if we can get more of a monthly subsidy for them, I can easier afford to quit my job before I am fired. In NOV I was gone 14 days from work. In Dec (not counting my meeting today or the kids' dentist appts on Monday) I have had 16 days with appts from being gone anywhere from 2 1/2 hrs to all day.
6. I have been told to check into PATH as that would get us more money and more support/training for dealing with the kids' behaviors and again allow for me to possibly be a SAHM and be free to run them to their MANY appts on a daily basis. This would also add another case worker to my already long list.
7.Hubby and I need to discuss whether we want a case aide (i.e. Path Parent) to take Emilee for a few hours a few different days a month for another sort of respite care.
8. Hubby and I need to discuss if we want intensive in home therapy (ummm when would this fit into our schedule??? I have no clue). This would be another appt on my calendar even though they would come in the evenings to our home...when??? We get home at 6:30-7:00pm and the kids are in bed at 7:30pm???
9. Transportation help was talked about. Our county won't do it because the kids are not from this county. THey want the kids' county to pay our county in order to do it and even then our county kids would take precidence (?sp) over my kids. AKA...they wouldn't ever help anyways and the transportation lady is old and I really can't stand her anyways...so would this really be a help to me??? NOt sure.
10. There is a child psychiatrist that would be good for the kids to see vs the one here in town. The prob...this psych is 60 miles away so that's more time off work and more time in the vehicle burning $3.00/gal gas and getting a wopping $30 reimbursement from MA for each trip. That barely pays the gas let alone any wear and tear on my vehicle or lost wages, etc. Something we are supposed to talk about as a couple. (Yep another thing for ME to do)
11. Adoption was discussed. I made it VERY clear that there will be NO DISCUSSION on adoption for a LONG time. There are FAR TOO MANY issues with these kids and if ADOPTION is what they want in the near future, they need to move these kids. Adoption discussion was dropped! (What does that tell you...they know they would have a hard time finding a home to take these kids)
There were a few other minor things discussed as well. Did you notice that a lot of things were things that I need to take care of? Yep, thanks for all the support!