I was reading PrayingforBaby's blog (I dont' know how to put a link right here but I have her under my "Blogs I read" on the sidebar) and found this post. She tagged anyone who wanted to play along so I thought....what the heck.
Here Are The Rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Ok, so here are some random facts/habits about me....
1. I hate BUGS...doesn't matter what kind they are or how big they are. I hate them, hate them, hate them and don't you dare ask me to kill one even if you want me to step on it with my shoe! NO WAY!
2. I am one of the PICKIEST eaters in the world. My father-in-law and brother-in-law get so mad at me sometimes cause I won't eat what they make. My mom has learned and if she makes something and she knows I won't eat it - she just tells me to bring something else with or at least warns me ahead of time. Some people think I am rude but I am who I am and I can't help it. I've always been this way and always will be this way. I very rarely will try something new. I like what I like and that's about it.
3. I played the piano for 10 years thru elementary/junior/high school and I HATED it. Now I am happy that I can sit down and play and thankful that my "mean" parents made me take the lessons for so long.
4.I am not a "city" girl. I grew up in the country and lived in the city for a short time in college (ok about 3 years total) and I am not a city girl. I can not stand to have neighbors right next door being nosy and wanting to know all your business. Before I officially moved in with hubby I paid $300 a month for an apartment that stored by things but I could not stand to live in it. UGH! I love my country life. It may limit what I can do on short notice (i.e. if I want to bake something - gotta plan for it - there's no running to the store in a hurry ~25 miles away) and we do get snowed in once in a while but I wouldn't change it for the world. Our home and my father-in-law are the only people who live on our road and he's 1 1/2 miles away. I LOVE IT!
6. At age 16, my parents became legal guardians to my 18 year old ex-boyfriend. We dated while he was a junior/ senior in highschool and he was a foster kid. After turning 18 his foster family kicked him out and we remained good friends. He needed some help with paperwork,etc with applying to college and getting assistance and he asked my mom and dad if they would be his legal guardians and they agreed. He had a rough life....found his dad when he was 13 after his dad committed suicide...found his brother E at age 17 after he committed suicide. He came from a family of 9 kids however when mom remarried and R and E, were left behind when the family left the state.
7. I was a cheerleader nerd in highschool. Most people think that the cheerleaders are the "cool" kids. Well not in our highschool. We weren't exactly full fledged "nerds" but we were not the "cool" kids, that's for sure. If you weren't on the danceline in our school - you were not cool. We actually were booed off the floor at a pep rally becuase the danceline was performing after us. We were good too - we won our state competition 4 years in a row while I was in highschool.
8. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer at the ripe old age of 18 (and 2 days after moving to college dorms and starting cheerleading practice) the first time. At the age of 22 (and 3 weeks before I got married) the 2nd time. At the age of 27 "pre-cancer" cells were found again and I am currently waiting until Nov to have anything done about it because afterall (in the doc's words) "It's only PRE-cancerous cells so we have to wait and see if they go away on their own!". GIve me a break...with my history??? Maybe with someone who's never had this before. The first time - the removed 80% of my cervix. The 2nd time - the remove 40%.
People I've tagged (please don't feel like you have to go along with this but I'm still somewhat new at this and don't have too many blogger friends yet....
MamaKBear - http://www.mamakbear.blogspot.com
Susan - http://www.fostercarespacewarp.blogspot.com
Yondalla - http://www.pflagfostermom.blogspot.com
Mungos_mom - http://www.adoptiondecision.blogspot.com
Wanting my House to Be A Home - http://www.house2bahome.blogspot.com
Me - http://www.little-did-i-know.blogspot.com
Glouise - http://www.waitingandhoping.blogspot.com
Trials-Tribulations of Adoption LaLaLand- http://www.trials-tribulations-of-trace.blogspot.com
I know I'm supposed to comment on your sites and let you know I tagged you and I PROMISE I will do that on Monday if you haven't already found this post, but I started this on Wed 5/9 and it's now 5/11 and it's 5:30 pm and I need to get this posted but it gets any older. For those of you new to my blog who I tagged - I hope you don't mind. I found your blogs online and by all means - you don't have to participate. IF there's anyone reading this I didn't tag - please feel free to go along with this....leave me a comment so I can get to know people better.