Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WELCOME TO THE WORLD

my new niece!!! At 11:20am this morning, our family grew by 1. ___________ __________ was born weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. I can't wait to see a picture of her on the hospital web page since i can't make the 2 hr drive down there to see her. The weird thing is.... at 11:15am I remember looking at the clock and thinking...it shouldn't be much longer! How wierd is that??? My mom asked me if the "TWIN" thing kicked in this morning at all. I told her I didn't feel any "pain" for my sister but for some reason, I knew it wouldn't be much longer until I got the call. (Sis called me at 11;45am to tell me she was here).

I gotta come up with a name for her yet on here. I'd love to put her real name on here because it's so pretty but you know how it is....don't dare at this point.

OK, so now that I got my excitement out there....the truth is the excitement is kinda short lived. Now I'm jealous of my sis! Like I've said before, they had a tough road getting their 4 kids (they buried their first born) and I love my nephew & now 2 nieces to pieces but it's still hard as you all understand. I will be babysitting my nephew (3 1/2) and niece (10 months) for the upcoming weekend and then sis and new baby will come visit on Sunday. That's ok....one day will be enough. Now what do you buy someone for a baby gift who A. has EVERYTHING and B. is technically homeless right now while their brand new house is being built????

1 comment:

Happy said...

That HAS to be rough. And I would think a double blow because it is your twin! You are handling it far better than I would.

A gift certificate to Baby's R Us or Target?