Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm Counting my Blessings





OK I debated about posting these pics. But I want people to know how important it is to WEAR YOUR SEATBELT. This is our 2007 GMC Sierra with 10,000 miles on it. Purchased Feb 2007. We were very proud of this truck. We have to work our butts off to make the payment but it WAS such a pretty truck. This past weekend I was just telling hubby how he got the inside of the box scratched up and he was like- "As long as it's just the inside of the box - who cares? Afterall, it's a pickup and I'm going to use it as a pickup!" Well now it has a few more scratches on it.....
Yesterday morning I got the call NO ONE wants to get. It was 6:45am! I was getting ready for work. Em was eating breakfast. JP was still sleeping. It was Hubby. I've been hit. Can you come up here. To make a long story short....A 16 year old driver failed to yield to her right. Hubby was on a County Road (gravel) and girl was on a township road (gravel). The corner was somewhat blocked by corn. He saw her at the last minute. She hit him on the drivers side door area. They both spun around and he ended up rolling at least 2 times and you can see where he landed. Without Hubby wearing his seatbelt, I would be a widow today. I still get teary eyed when I think about that. He is ok. Bumped/bruised/cut up/scratched up and has 2 broken fingers/lost 2 finger nails, but alive! The other driver is also ok. Bumped/bruised is all. Someone was sure looking out for Hubby yesterday morning! PLEASE - if you don't wear your seatbelt - Put it on! They do save lives! I know I can't make you - but we have always faithfully worn ours and I will NEVER get in a vehicle without putting it on no matter how far we are driving. It was foggy yesterday morning at our house so hubby figured he'd take gravel to town "so no one would hit him". We didn't know what was to come! It wasn't even foggy where the accident happened. The fog had lifted by that time. He was only 12 miles from home.

2 comments:

Happy said...

OH-MY-GOSH! That is horrible! Thank goodness your husband is alright. I'm so sorry that happened to you guys.

Kathy said...

Your dh was definitely being watched over! What a terrible thing to have happen, but thank the Lord it wasn't worse. I'm SO glad that your hubby is ok!

I'm sorry about your truck too. I know how sad it can be to "lose" a vehicle that you have "loved" and taken good care of.

My dh and I have been in separate accidents, that weren't our fault, and it's scary...not to mention it turns your life upside down.

Make sure to get a personal injury lawyer, because it will be better for you guys in the long run in so many ways. Doing so will protect your rights, and make sure that you are honestly compensated.

(((HUGS)))