Monday, September 10, 2007

Leaving for a week

I am leaving today at noon for a week of meetings/school/training for my job. I'm excited to go. I really NEED a week of "respite". I feel a little guilty for feeling this way, but the last 3 months have been very stressful. Plus this past weekend, I don't know what JP's problem was but he's now in the stage of "I don't have to do that." "I don't want to" "You can't make me". Didn't matter what it was, he all out refused to do it. I was happy to have hubby home. I think sometimes he gets tired of me saying "The kids did this...the kids did that". Well now he got to see exactly what I see on an every day basis. Plus now he's got them all to himself for the WHOLE WEEK! (just wait - they will be angels for him now that I am gone this week).

I know I will be homesick by Tues night, but I am going to enjoy this as much as I can. It will be Friday before I know it and I will be back home with no "respite" trips for a LONG LONG time.

I am getting a FULL BODY MASSAGE this afternoon. Yes, I could do that here at home for 1/3 of the price but this is in a real spa - not just some therapist who works out of their home. Not that that means anything, but I want to pamper myself a little. After all, I deserve it! (don't I?)

Ok, like everyone else, I am going to ask you not to blog anything this week cause it will take me FOREVER to catch up with everyone! LOL! Have a good week. If I have computer access (It is a resort that we are staying at so I am hoping I do) I will check in later this week.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Enjoy your time off and the massage. You'll be happy to be home when the week is over, but until then, enjoy every uninterrupted moment to yourself.

Kathy said...

I'm glad to hear that you got a little time to yourself.

I know how hard it is to be thrown into the thick of things, with the foster adoption stuff, and I totally understand you needing a break. Don't feel bad, it's understandable that you need some time to recharge.