Friday, January 25, 2008

A Prayer Request

Ok, I don't do this much and I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was truely necessary. Although I do have my beliefs, going to church every Sunday is not something that we do. I would like to go more often than we do, but that is a whole different post for another day.

A co-worker of mine who is 33 yrs old was put in ICU last Sat with a bleeding ulcer. He recieved 3 units of blood upon admission. He was in ICU until Tuesday when he was released to come home. By Tuesday night he was back in ICU and has received 2 more units of blood since then. A scope was done on Wed to cauterize (?sp) the ulcer (again). He had a colonoscopy yesterday and they found 2 pollups and sent them in to the lab. He called me here at work yesterday and he doesn't sound very good. He's very weak. They can't find where he is still bleeding from! I'm scared. He and I have developed a very close friendship and I consider him one of my best friends. He is married with twin step children (age 11). He has 2 boys (age 12 and 10) of his own that do not live with him. His wife is my back-up daycare provider. It's just so scary to think this could be happening to someone who is in such good physical shape. He coaches 7th grade boys and girls basketball, is training for cage fighting (ok - maybe he's not so smart! LOL). Anyways, please keep him and his family in your thoughts.

No comments: