Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JP!

JP,

Happy 5th Birthday to you! You have brought so much joy into our lives over the past 2 1/2 months! I remember the day we were told you were coming to our home. We were so excited and yet apprehensive because we had been down this road before. The day your sw sent us your pictures, I knew it was for real. We made the trip to Bismarck the day before we were to meet you and Emilee. That was one of the longest nights of my life. I could sleep at all. I kept wondering where you were and what you were doing. Finally, morning came and we got ready to come and meet you and your sister for breakfast.

When we drove into the parking lot, I saw you right away. I told daddy that you guys were even cuter in person than in your pictures and we had already fallen in love with the two beautiful children in the pictures. You were shy at first. We sat down at the table and decided what we were going to eat. Then we started looking thru the picture books that your old foster parents made up for you to take with. First was Emilee's turn and you really wanted to show us your book. It was hard for you to wait your turn. Then you had to go potty. First the sw took you. A few minutes later you had to go again (or so you said) and I asked if I could take you. You said "YESH" in your oh so cute way. You took my hand and we went. My heart melted immediately.

After breakfast, we walked outside and took lots of pictures of you and Em on the wooden rocking chairs lined up outside. You both wanted a chair for yourselves but we told you it would have to wait. Then we unloaded all your stuff into the van and off we went to the park and the zoo. Every time daddy and I looked at eachother that day, we would smile. We couldn't believe we were finally a family of 4.

We went to McDonald's for lunch and of course, it was super busy. You were standing with daddy, holding his hand and I remember hearing you ask him if he was your new daddy. He said yes and then we winked at eachother. That is a time we will never forget. Oh and we also learned that we need to remember to bring socks with when we go to McD's or you guys won't get to play in the playland. I'm sorry for not knowing the rules....now we know and I promise we will try to remember next time.

We spent the next 2 days in Bismarck at Uncle J & Auntie S's house with C&D and all her daycare kids. You guys had fun playing with everyone. The first night Em decided to sleep downstairs with C&D but you wanted to be near mommy & daddy so we made you a bed on the floor next to our bed. We flew your new kites and went out to eat and just had a blast.

Finally we came home and you met Grandpa D & Grandma P and Great-Grandma A on the way home when we stopped at their house for supper. You guys were pretty shy again but soon warmed up when Grandpa D got the 4wheeler out. He sure knows how to win you guys over. Now all we hear is "Where's Grandpa D?"

You really wanted Em's Winnie-The-Pooh room but after a few minutes decided SpongeBob wasn't such a bad option either when I told you you could help pick out the color to paint your room and Em had to leave her room the color it was painted.

We've had our issues but in the whole picture of things you are a wonderful child. I know it's been a rough 5 years for you and for that I'm sorry. I wish I could take away all the pain you are feeling inside and make life easier for you to understand but I can't. Please remember that Daddy and I love you with all our hearts. We are hoping for the best for you in all you do and we are excited to be here to watch you accomplish all your dreams! We LOVE YOU JP!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Love always,
Mommy Jody & Daddy "Hubby"

No comments: