Monday, August 27, 2007

1st day of school

Well we survived going to school for the 1st day today. I really think I was having more issues than the kids were. JP was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. He couldn't wait to get there. We went to his room 1st and put his things away and then he took off back to the classroom. He didn't care at all that I was leaving.

Emilee had a little rougher time (which I knew she would). Although we did get thru things without any tears (Thank you G-d!), she was very clingy and needed lots of hugs/kisses/I Love You's!

I spoke with JP's teacher and she knew that he was a foster child and that we have some developmental issues as well as attachment issues going on. Em's teacher on the other hand, knew nothing of her issues. Ok at first I was like...what kind of school is this? But then I had to take a deep breath and remember that she was hired a whole 3 weeks ago as there were too many 1st graders to have only 1 teacher. So then I gave her a quick explanation and told her we can discuss in more detail things later. I would really love to have both JP & Em's teacher keep a little log or something for me at least thru these next few months while we are transitioning from Foster Care to a FOREVER FAMILY!!!! I can't believe I can say that! Ok so we haven't heard the all clear from the judge yet but come on, we better win on this one! I think biodad cooked his own goose on being a dad to these kids years ago and just put the cherry on top last week during his little episode during court.

Tonight the kids get to ride the bus for the first time and will get off at Grandpa's house with Uncle S. Hopefully that goes well!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah for the first day of school! I'm so excited too. DD starts next Tuesday. I have no idea how either of us are going to sleep on Monday night. I'm excited even though she was in Kindergarten last year at this school, but this is big! This is full day. This is no before or after care. Bus pickup and dropoff at home!!!!

Good luck with the school year. Glad you were able to be calm talking to the new teacher.