Monday, June 11, 2007

A week worth of info...

First of all, the kids are great!!! We met them June 5 at 9am at a restaurant for breakfast. They were adorable in their pictures and even cuter in person! It took a little while for them to warm up to us but they each had a picture book to show us from their year with their foster family. Then we took some pictures of them and said goodbye to their sw and off we were on our own. We went to the zoo and rode the train and played at the park for a while. Then we went to McDonald's for lunch. While standing in line to order "JP" looked up at hubby and said "Are you my new daddy?" It was so cute. Later that day when we were visiting hubby's sister and family, "Emilee" was sitting on my lap and said" I like you. Can I call you mommy?". What a sweet little girl.

We spent a day and a half with them at hubby's sister's house and then came back home. The first night at home was a little tough as it was late when we got home anyways. The 2nd night went much better and the kids slept in their own rooms. "Emilee" looked at me and said "Why does everyone have a mommy and a daddy except me and "JP"?" What do you say to that? It broke my heart to hear a 6 yr old say that. She is so grown up for her age and yet you can tell she just wants to be a "normal" kid. I told her that me and hubby were their new mommy and daddy and she said "Ok. I like you". We've got a rough road ahead of us to get thru termination of dad's rights but I pray that the judge does the right thing. These two little precious children have been thru a tough time and need stability. We can only wait and see.

Dropping the kids off at daycare this morning was a little rough also. We visited daycare last week for a little while so it wouldn't be a whole new thing today but it was still tough on them and me. They poor little things have had their lives totally thrown upside down in the past week and have had to meet so many new people. I really feel sorry for them but I know things will get easier.

As for the rest of vacation, the weekend before we got the kids, it RAINED and RAINED and RAINED! We were camping so that put a little damper on things but it was also nice to just relax and do NOTHING for 2 days. We came home to flooded fields and ditches and a flooed pasture for our cows again but other than that - no major issues from the water.

I better get back to work for now Lots to do after being gone. I can't wait for the day that i can put pics on here to show everyone.


Trace said...

It sounds like you guys are off to a good start! I hope everything goes smoothly. Good luck!

Kathy said...

I'm glad to hear that all went really well! I'm excited for all of you!