Monday, March 31, 2008

When it pours

First of all the Emilee saga....Sat night she had a 6+ hr tantrum that I can't even tell you what set her off other than the wind!?!?!?!? We have 2+ hrs of video tape of her hitting/kicking us and yelling and screaming at us and calling us names. I spoke with the partnership program Sat night about 10pm and she said that they can't transport her if she is that worked up. what is the point of a safe house if you can't transport her to it when she isn't safe at our house???? Anyways, eventually (after 1am) she tired herself out enough to fall asleep. It was after 2am before I could fall asleep and I was awake at 5am. Got up at 6:30am and balanced the checkbook. Then my heart started racing to the point my whole body was shaking and I couldn't breathe. Kenny made me lay down and we timed it...7 minutes. UGH. I am told it was a panic attack...I've never had one of them before. We got Emilee up at 8am because that is usually when they get up and if I couldn't sleep in, why should she get to? She started out hitting me right away and Hubby saw it. He told me to dress her (she refused to dress herself so I picked out the clothes I KNEW she didn't like! I'm so mean!) and then I called the partnership lady back and told her that someone had to come get her. We secretly packed an overnight bag for her and about 1 hour later she left with Partnership Lady. JP in the mean time was down at Hubby's dad's house so he didn't have to observe the horrible behavior and guess what????? He's been GREAT ever since she left. The teacher even said that he was the best behaved kid in class (now last week he was kicked out and we didn't put him back on any meds). Now is it just coincidence or was his sister saying something to him last week???? I don't know. Tonight Emilee is back at the safe house. The sw is trying to get her admitted to some sort of hospital in the middle of the state that accepts younger kids. She needs 24 hr/round the clock care to try and get her regulated. We have decided that we will have NO CONTACT with her until she becomes regulated or at least for a month or so to see how she is coping with the change. I know it's going to be hard, but it is for the best. It was a relief to find out that they weren't going to take JP from us. Why should he be uprooted because of her behavior??? It just wouldn't have made any sense. This weekend I will plan to pack her things and at least put them in the storage shed until the next sw visit and can send them with her.

On a different grandma is a "walking heart attack waiting to happen" according to her doctor and she (gma) said it is all my mom's fault. Go figure. Gma will be 81 in 2 weeks. She has so much fluid around her heart that she is in serious danger and yet she blames her not taking her pills on my mom! UGH! I would really like to kick some sense into grandma but she isn't in her right mind right now. Her thyroid is out of whack along with a lot of other things in her body and it's just said. Gma told my mom and dad that she would rather be in a coffin than live like this anymore. Mom and dad took her car away today and my mom is staying with her tonight at her house. Tomorrow my uncle is coming down and will stay with gma for the night. Then we hope he will bring her back to his house for a night and mom can pick her up on THursday after the family meeting we have at the hospital (yes my uncle & aunt live in this big town). (Shame on me for not going to see them while I'm here but they don't need to know about this right now).

Then my cell phone took a dump tonight and I ended up needing to get a new one. I spent 1 1/2 hrs at the store trying to get it and they still forgot to give me the house charger with it so now I have to call them first thing in the morning and tell them that I will stop in tomorrow night and pick it up. UGH!

As for the weekend (other than the Emilee saga) it wasn't too bad. I did OK on my exchanges on Sat; however I also binged 2 X and tried to purge for the first time in my life. (Luckily) I didn't succeed. I guess there's some good in that I can't make myself throw up. I've never done that before and it scared me. I told the doc/nurse today about it though and they were pretty helpful and understanding. Therapy went good today. Well as good as can be expected when I have so many other things on my brain.

Thanks to EVERYONE who commented on the last post. Knowing all of my friends are out there is really a blessing! You guys are great!

So is there any NEWS that I need to know about??? I'm not taking time to read too many blogs these days...Send me an email. Oh and Julie...can you email me your link again??? I have it on my computer at work but not here. Thanks!


Jemmers said...

I am praying for you and Emily. I know this is tough...but it sounds like you are doing the right thing for all involved.


Kathy said...

It's good that you were able to have them come get her, and that you have proof (the video) of her behavior.

I know this has to be extremely hard right now, but I'm guessing that it's a relief too. I know that one special needs child can be a handful, but two has to be A LOT to deal with...especially siblings.

It's good to hear that JP is doing better. Hopefully the time apart from Emily will be just what he needs to have some normalcy, and that he'll be less stressed.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Take Care