Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What a quiet weekend we had....

Well the weekend was very quiet to say the least. IT was a good quiet and yet, I found myself not knowing what to do. For the past 1 1/2 years we have had at least 1 child under the age of 5 in our home at all times. I got caught up on some much need scrapbooking though and that was nice to get done.

As for what the respite home had to say....L Jr. was good all weekend - big surprise. NOT! He's always a good little boy. They said that LAnna had a few short tantrums lasting 2 mins at the most and then she was fine. I find that extremely hard to believe especially considering they said she only napped a total of 2 hrs during the day. But then again, if she is so content at their house then maybe they need to move her there on a permanent basis??? I don't know. I'm sooo torn on this one. We have asked that she be moved and tomorrow is the deadline. I have offered to deliver her to someone tonight as I am traveling (whether permittting) up to their county tonight. We'll see what happens. Of course, last night at home she was a good girl. We only had a couple short tantrums right before bedtime. Now I'm torn - do I tell them to move her or do we just hold out for a while and see how things go? What to do...what to do....

That's it for now...thanks again to all who read!

1 comment:

ABlessedFamily said...

I asked that a little girl be removed from my house once. I felt guily for a while but I knew she wasn't the right placement for me. Several social workers even said negative comments and how I would never get to adopt from the county b/c of it. Well the little girl ended up in a perfect place & they understood her and her RAD and ended up adopting her. I ended up with another little girl...adopted for over a year now!

Go with your heart! Would you want to adopt the kids if you could? If you know that she doesn't "fit" you family, lifestyle, etc....let her move on to someone else.