Friday, February 2, 2007

Quiet Household

Well the kids have been gone for almost a week now. The nights are eery quiet around the house. I'm still feeling guilty or something. Thank you for letting me know it's normal! Hubby and I will enjoy some time together. As much as I want to be a mom full time - it really takes a toll on you to care for someone else's kids! I don't think our families realize how different it really is to be a foster parent vs a biological parent. Maybe some of you disagree too, but that's just how I feel. If a bio child acted like our little L did, who would you have to "blame" but yourself. With her, her bio mom was aiding in her behavior which was working against us. I know that someday I will be a forever mom to the right child and until that day comes, there will be many children that hopefully I can make a positive impact in their lives while they are in our home.

No comments: